How to promote webfiction (2020)A good question, is it not?
When I began publishing my short stories on Tapas, I also began looking for opportunities for promotion and was unpleasantly surprised when I learned how few there were! My list of resources for promoting webcomics is long and full of options but a similar list for webnovels will be very short, I'm afraid.
So, let's take a look as what we have at our disposal.
3. Teksti(a sister site to Piperka that tracks webcomics) - a database of webfiction where people can subscribe and follow your stories.
7. RedditThere are lots of writing communities there but few of them allow self-promotion.
Here's some that do:
r/writing (only in as a comment in a self-promotion thread)
8. TwitterBesides posting links to your updates and just being social:
Tags: #amwriting #writerslife #WriterWednesday #bookgiveaway #indieauthors #WriteChat #FreeDownload #FreeBook #IndieThursday #Storytelling
Accounts to follow:
9. ComicAd(banner network for webcomics and webnovels)
You can both earn money and advertise there, plus, there are free options, like banner exchange
More about ComicAd.
10. ForumsWell, it's usually sub-for-sub or read-for-read, but you can give them a go. Almost every writing platform (RoyalRoad, Tapas, etc.) has a forum. --
Hope it helps!